Julian Taylor, a tight end/defensive end from Williamstown High School in New Jersey, has verbally committed to UMass.
Taylor told the Maroon Musket that he committed to UMass this weekend. He said he will play defensive end for the Minutemen. Another source close to the situation confirmed the commitment.
Taylor said he chose UMass because the “coaching staff is trustworthy,” and he felt he could get a great education. He was also confident that UMass presented an “opportunity to lead a young team to greatness.”
The 2013 recruit already has Division I size, standing at 6’5 and 230 pounds. He was reportedly drawing interest from both Temple and Rutgers prior to his senior year.
Check out his hudl highlights here.
Here is the updated list of recruits who have verbally committed:
- Cole Ormsby, DE: Windsor HS (Conn)
- Todd Stafford, QB: Greenwich HS (Conn)
- Steven Casali, LB/RB: Sachem East HS (N.Y.)
- Richard Queen, OL: Bergen Catholic HC (N.J.)
- Sam Zeff, OL: Montclair High School (N.J.)
- Jordan Page, OL: The Pennington School (N.J)
- Terrel Correia, DE/OL: Nantucket High School (Mass)
- D.J. Woods, WR: University School (Fla.)
- Tyshon Henderson, OL: St. George’s School (R.I.)
- Shane Huber, LB: St. Peter’s Prep (N.J.)
- Peter Ngobidi, LB/DE: Catholic Memorial High School (Mass)
- Enock Asante, OL/DT: Steinert High School (N.J)
- Daquan Mack, HB/FB: Pennsbury High School (Pa.)
- Nate Crutchfield, QB: Montclair High School (N.J) - preferred walk-on
- Klysmann Afonso, WR: Jireh Prep (N.C.) - walk-on
- Jackson Porter, DB: Mt. Hebron High School (Md.)
- Sharif Custis, TE: St John Neumann (Pa)
- Julian Taylor, DE: Williamstown High School (N.J.)